It’s Plastic Free July! Whether you’re a plastic-free pro or just starting on the journey to reduce your use of unnecessary plastic, join Ocean Wise in taking the next (or first!) step to minimize your reliance on plastic.
Here are two things that you might find surprising:
- Globally, only 9% of plastic waste is recycled. This tells us that despite our efforts to recycle – which we should continue – each and every one of us needs to turn off the plastic tap wherever we can
- Taking action to reduce your use of plastic might be less challenging than you think, and the Ocean Wise Plastic Challenge can help you make it happen
With the Ocean Wise Plastic Challenge, you can address your plastic use in four weeks. Plastic Free July is the perfect time to start.
- Week 1: conduct your plastic audit
- A great place to begin is to think about the plastic you used this morning: a tube of toothpaste? A yogurt container? Shampoo? Record these items using the Ocean Wise Plastic Challenge data card
- Weeks 2 + 3: take action to reduce your plastic use
- Week 4: conduct your second audit, and share the results with Ocean Wise!
Understanding more about your plastic use is the first step to reducing it. We invite you to accept the challenge and get started today! We can’t wait to hear about the progress you make, share your results by tagging @OceanWise and using #PlasticChallenge.